Look no further for the perfect homemade pancake recipe! Served with some oven-baked bacon, breakfast couldn't be any more perfect. Here's how to make perfect pancakes from scratch every time:
Start each day with a grateful Pancake.
- Spoon your flour into a measuring cup. Don't scoop the flour with your measuring cup. This leads to overpacking the cup with too much flour, which can result in tough pancakes.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Whipping the egg whites gives the batter some extra lift. Plus, you'll get a nice li'l arm workout. ?
- Gently stir together your wet and dry ingredients. If you over-mix, you'll end up with a dense short stack. We'd rather you stir until you still have a few small clumps of flour.
- One and Half Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg, separated
- 1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- One And Third Cup of milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted, plus more for cooking
- Maple syrup, for serving
If I call you Darling, will you make me Pancake?
Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine egg yolk, vanilla, milk, and melted butter. Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
In another medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold egg white into the batter gently with a rubber spatula until just combined.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour about 1/4 cup pancake batter into pan. When little bubbles appear, about 1 to 2 minutes, flip and continue cooking until both sides are lightly golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve with maple syrup.