Prepration time:- 10 Mins Cooking Time:- 30 Mins
Enjoy this easy Mexican rice as a side dish to accompany chili. You can choose to make it veggie if you like by using vegetable stock
Nutrition: Per serving (6)
- Kcal 201
- Fat 2g
- Saturates 0.5g
- Carbs 36g
- Sugars 2g
- Fibre 2g
- Protein 7g
- Salt 0.34g
Life Without Mexican Food Is Like No Life At All.
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 250g Long grain rice
- 1 Tsp chipotle paste, optional (more if you want it spicier)
- 1 Tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 750ml Hot chicken or vegetable stock
- Small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sizzle the onion for 5 mins until just starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a minute more, then stir in the chipotle paste (if using) and the tomato purée and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes, then scatter the rice into the pan and stir, so it’s coated in the tomato mix. Pour over the hot stock, season, give everything another stir and bring to the boil, then cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to the lowest possible setting.
- Gently simmer for 15-20 mins until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked through. Leave the rice to sit for a few mins off the heat, then stir through the coriander and serve.
I wish i was full of Mexican food instead of emotions.