Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Easy and mouth-watering recipes using cheese, corn, bread, and seasoning. Perfect for breakfast or kids snacks – ready in 15 minutes.
It’s a mixture of corn, capsicum in a light white sauce baked on bread.
Indian Cheese Corn Toast is a perfect Appetizer / Back to School Snack / Breakfast.
A Toast To Happiness and Freedom.
Growing up, these Indian Cheese Corn Toast were my absolute favorite after-school snack or weekend breakfast menu.
So when my friend from Family around the table was hosting this week’s #SundaySupper
I had to share this nostalgic recipe along with my other food blogger friends and we are bringing to you a mouthwatering array of Corn Recipes.
This Indian Cheese Corn Toast recipe was a popular pizza substitute too, you know what I mean?
- You can even call it a Desi Pizza Slice (Desi = Indian), as it had all the toppings we wanted on a pizza and the white sauce (also known as Roux) was a homemade substitute of cheese.
Now, we call the Indian Cheese Corn Toast, a ‘cheese corn toast’ and it makes our weekend brunch/breakfast/appetizer menu so darn easy and delicious. Hence, it was popular in many houses, restaurants and definitely a favorite with kids. Fast Forward couple of years (by couple I mean 10-20yrs?
It’s so easy to make these Indian Cheese Corn Toast and you can use just about any kind of bread you have at home.
- Just slice them into whatever shapes and there are 2 ingredients that are an absolute MUST for this recipe – Corn and Capsicum (Bell Pepper).
- The sweetness of the corn, when combined with the spicy/sweet capsicum, adds such an awesome flavor and you can mix any other veggies of choice like onions, carrots, peas (even meat/bacon bits).
- Just make a simple roux and mix all the veggies.
- Spoon them on the sliced bread, top it with cheese and bake.
It’s an appetizer, you can make the night before and simply reheat (bake/microwave) and they’re ready to serve.